Serra do Açor
Fajão is an old village, nestling in a picturesque bowl in the hills, between gigantic cliffs. Here you will visit the Monsignor Nunes Pereira Museum. Primarily of an ethnographic character, its collection consists of works by Monsignor Nunes Pereira. At Penedos de Fajão you will encounter infinite, breath-taking views.
In Janeiro de Baixo, you will find religious and architectural heritage, recent facilities or the "Tronco", place where the animals were once shoed. Nearby, at the Santa Luzia Dam, built between two huge cliffs, you will find one of the most impressive landscapes of the region.
To recharge your batteries, O Pascoal restaurant, in Fajão, Caruma in Pampilhosa da Serra and As Beiras in Casal da Lapa are ready to offer you the best dishes of the region. At the end of each day, you will be accommodated in the quiet and comfortable Residencial A Cadeia, in Fajão.
Monsenhor Nunes Pereira Museum at 13m
São Salvador Chapel at 13m
Parish Church at 13m
Nossa Senhora da Guia Chapel at 13m
Shop in Fajão at 13m
Dam river beach of Santa Luzia at 9.1km
Alpacas of Monte Frio at 9.4km
Margaraça Forest at 9.4km
Nossa Senhora da Assunção Chapel at 9.4km
Paz Tower at 9.4km
- 15h00: Reception in the Origem Safaris shop in Fajão, briefing and accompaniment to Residencial A Cadeia, Fajão
- 15h20: Check-in at the accommodation
From 18:00 to 21:00: Dinner at O Pascoal, Fajão.
- From 09:00 to 10:00 - Breakfast in the accommodation
- 10h00: Briefing with the Origem Safaris guide
- 10h15: Guided tour of the Monsignor Nunes Pereira Museum
- 11h00: Departure for 4x4 Safari to the Penedos de Fajão
- 13h00: Lunch at Caruma Restaurant, Pampilhosa da Serra
- 15h30: Guided visit to the Aldeia do Xisto of Janeiro de Baixo
- 17h30: Visit to the Santa Luzia dam.
- 18h30: Dinner at As Beiras restaurant, Casal da Lapa
- 20h00: Arrival at accommodation
- From 09:00 to 10:00: Breakfast
- By 11:00: Check-out
- 3 days and 2 nights at Residencial A Cadeia (house with 1 double bedroom, kitchenette and bathroom)
- Accommodation: towels, sheets, TV, Wi-Fi, breakfast
- Meals: Lunch and dinner in restaurants - O Pascoal, Caruma and As Beiras (starters, soup, main course from menu, 1 drink or house wine, dessert, coffee)
- Activities: 4x4 vehicle with guide / driver, civil liability and personal accident insurance; guided walk