Serra da Lousã
Taking place in the Schist Village of Cerdeira, the workshop uses the mallet and chisels and introduces the chainsaw and powertools, thus proposing a different way of carving and working with wood.
In this intensive course, you will learn:
Origin and characteristics of the raw material wood;
Development, planning and realization of your ideas;
Selection and preparation of the appropriate wood for your project;
Collage of blocks;
Reflection on aesthetic options;
Carving techniques with hand tools (gouges, mallet);
Work with power tools (Arbotech);
Reflection on surfaces, textures and finishes;
Look, feel and let yourself be inspired by wood.
Each participant will conceive, with the support of the artisans, their own project, plan and choose the raw material and the appropriate tool for each step of the elaboration. If you already have a project in mind, you can contact the trainers in advance, in order to obtain more adequate support.
Registo Nacional de Agente de Animação Turística n.º 135/2021
Nossa Senhora de Fátima Chapel at 41m
Candal Shop at 1.6km
PR4 LSA - Schist Walking Trail Lousã - Rota das Quatro Aldeias at 1.7km
Talasnal School at 2.7km
Casa da Eira at 2.7km
Nossa Senhora da Piedade Shrine at 3.4km
River beach of Senhora da Piedade at 3.5km
PR 2 LSA - Schist Walking Trail Rota das Aldeias do Xisto da Lousã at 3.6km
PR5 LSA - Schist Walking Trail Lousã - Rota dos Serranos at 3.6km
Lousã range at 3.6km
10 am to 1 pm and 3 pm to 6 pm
• Enrollments up to 1 month before the course start date.
• Special discount for our community members.
• Integration in a small workgroup (from 4 to 6 participants)
• Training 6 hours a day, spoken in Portuguese and English;
• Studio open 12 hours a day;
• All the materials needed for the course;
• Welcome dinner (first day);
• Lunch on course days;
• Free accommodation in our hostel during the course (upon availability). The residences are equipped with a dormitory, kitchen, shared bathrooms, washing machine, towels, bed linen, and wi-fi;
• 10% discount on the base rate when booking an individual house (minimum of 2 nights). The base rate refers to a stay of 2 people and includes breakfast, equipped kitchen, towels, bed linen, and wi-fi.
All prices shown include VAT at the legal rate in force.
The Cerdeira Home for Creativity project emerged from the love and affection of two families who decided to rebuild the traditional houses of the village, maintaining their authenticity and uniqueness. These two families were joined by several people who are in the village every day to welcome you with a smile.