Serra da Lousã
From 31 August to 2 September, sculptor Dário Zeruta iwill be in the Cerdeira Schist Village to lead the Paper Sculpture Course.
The first part will concentrate on “Paper Architecture, the Transformation of the Material”. The participants will spend these few days getting to know the magic of transforming the material: a sheet of paper that changes from two to three dimensions, just by folding it. Starting by studying the physical properties of paper, they will try out different folding techniques as a tool for using paper in artistic creation.
What you’re going to learn:
- Different geometric shapes as preparation to create volume
- Folding techniques adapted to various kinds of paper and other materials
- Working concepts with modules, patterns and repetitions
- Creating structures with volume from the suggested exercises
- Developing a concept and an individual and collective project
Nossa Senhora de Fátima Chapel at 69m
Candal Shop at 1.6km
Talasnal School at 2.6km
Nossa Senhora da Piedade Shrine at 3.3km
River beach of nhora da Piedade at 3.4km
Lousã range at 7.2km
Santo António da Neve at 4.2km
Oven and still set of theClaro Family at 4.3km
Maternity home for trees at 4.6km
Coirela das Agostinhas Centre at 4.6km
For designers, architects, bookbinders, artists and anyone who wants to experience paper as a means of artistic expression.
Accommodation in Shared Residences with course registration, depending upon availability
It does not include: